17 August, 2011

I've been joking

That my muse went off to Euro Disney and didn't even send back a pair of ears. 

I just haven't had the yen to post.  Comment, sure.  But the overall tenor and tone at the other place has made me rather *meh* on the whole process.  I do that far too often .. let the overwhelming attitude of a few miscreants ruin my space..or hamper my desire. 

And well, there isn't alot of interesting stuff happening there.  Sure - there are those I like to interact with, but the majority are in the same August doldrums that hit me like a semi rushing downhill with no brakes. 

Yesterday I actually had the desire to write- to share.  And, of course, my internet and phone and connections all went poofy.  Some node issue.  Fortunately - I am an NPR addict - and love podcasts .. so I had the Apple TV with podcasts loaded and ready for a listen.  So I did.

I discovered the real joy in listening to ideas and learning new approaches.  I learned that there are people who can clearly define an idea that is truly complex, but make it attainable.  I found links to blogs and books and information that I, the true information junkie, had never before seen or explored. 

And - I found out that my inherent distaste for some in the 'public forum' is far less based on my thinking they are idiots, but really do have a root that is tangible and logical. 

And - I know that listening to more podcasts on a near daily basis will become part of my regular routine....




6 comments:

  1. Definitely sounds more interesting in reading some of the drivel at the other place. Why is no one writing anything good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, I know those doldrums well. Most days recently I struggle to even write a coherent sentence, let alone a piece of writing worth reading.

    I am so happy to find you on here though! I spend so little time on That Other Place - I post now and then, but barely even read my watched list. I dunno, maybe things'll pick up in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sometimes wonder if I am becoming cynical towards blogging, but then other times, I am just enjoying the heck out of it. Who knows? It seems like many things in life, it too, is a roller coaster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm telling you that it's either summer-sickness there, or we're all just really tired of each other.

    I still like it here. It's so pretty and welcoming.Why would I want to leave?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went through the same thing; rarely posting, reading or commenting. For me I think it was the way I was feeling about the build up to 9/11. I don’t like to use my blog to vent anger or bitch and moan but in reviewing it as of late; not a lot of “happy thoughts”. All the negative changes that are occurring “there” have turned a lot of people off to blogging. I know some of it is seasonal; people take advantage of the nice weather while it’s here and play on the computer during bad weather. I just heard from a former daily poster there; he is feed up with all the arbitrary rules; the site programming that is 25 years behind the times and full of glitches. Why pay for a bad experience there when we can have a superior experience here for free?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Smarty .. my honest opinion? All the good writers have left or are effected with the same ennui, and the rest - well .. pick an emotion, pick a topic, grab from history and retell. It's b o r i n g at best and manipulative at worst.

    @ Sati == Hello and Welcome. And yes - I think part was the 'mercury retrograde' part growing pains and part summer fever. It's good to reconnect with those who you want to see more of. :)

    @ Mz Foxy == Hello and Welcome. There are times, I think, that I look at a post in progress and wonder if I'm not on a giant ego trip - and then I realize that it's often the mundane that connects us and our take and approach - and approaches of others that lets us grow. And growing is never mundane. Of course - we all appreciate sharing those "oops" moments as well.

    @ Bubbles - I think some is the latter... we have so much information and food from those who haven't changed - and those who do so often move on or leave...and we need to celebrate the growth as much as the public failings. If not more. But yes - I like it here - quiet but quiet is a good thing. I can always process better with quiet

    @ AllKnight I understand the differences - but the two are entirely different mammals. Sure - we want it all - but we manage with what we have. This is great for those who are 'kindred' in spirit and appreciate more than is either common or comfy there. And well - I've never been accused of having nothing to say or think about anything - there I stifle much - here I shan't. Good, bad, ugly and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete